View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #23
fastpace

Re: 72 Highlander LWB w/ 5.3 and 6L80e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Nice truck & quality parts selection for sure. What size tires did you choose? The 18's will look fine as long as there's enough height to fill up the wheel well.

Also..... 1 suggestion..... Go ahead & shave/weld up the firewall instead of the bolt-on block off plate while you have it all apart (if @ all possible).
Its a 245/40/18 front and 285/35/18 rear. I really wanted a larger sidewall but there isn't much out there for an 18x11" wheel until you get the smaller sidewall. Right now the 285 is stretched on the rear to make sure everything is going to fit and clear. If it looks like there's some more room I'll sell sell these and get some 305 or 315s.

Im not planning on shaving the firewall right now because there's no body work planned for the truck, just drivetrain and suspension/chassis. If I ever decide to repaint it I'll definitely be shaving the plates but for now they'll be staying regular old black.
1972 C10 LWB Highlander Dark Olive/White - Work in progress 5.3/6L80e, Accuair e-level, Porterbuilt Stage 1 front and Stage 2 rear, Wilwood 14"F 13"R, Vintage Wheel Works V40 18x8/18x11, and more... Build Thread
fastpace is offline   Reply With Quote