View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #177
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
I think I did that to you along the line of 6 cylinders into one exhaust tube, not necessarily 6 ports. I am glad someone else remembered the Stovebolt site, I could not recall it at the time I made my posts.

I cut my hood support in the front last weekend as well, like what you are talking about for forced (ram) air.
Cannot wait to see how you do yours!!

Sweet! How much faster does it go now?!? I'm thinking of some sort of sheetmetal duct work and airbox that seals down on the air filters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Here is another link for performance parts for the 250 inline 6.
http://www.cliffordperformance.net/

Looks like they only have a split header for the 250. You could fab your own 6 into 1 header. on the 250 there IS 6 ports, but ports (2 & 3) and (4 & 5) only have bolt holes for the flange on the outter edges of the ports and not between them. If you look at the head and the gasket, those pairs of ports are divided by about a 1/4" of material making them separate ports.

The cast split headers on the stovebolt web site look like 4 ports on the outside, but I bet they are split on the inside...

I use to have a 6 in mine, made 250 hp easy. You could build 300 hp and still be steatable with a standard trans...

You're right, I was looking at dad's 292 from about 20 feet away when I was posting and only saw the four exhaust legs on the manifold. No problem making my own headers if I need to. The guys in brazil are getting 300+ hp at the wheels, the one guy I posted vids of is getting 373hp at the wheels with 15:1 CR and methanol!!
theastronaut is online now   Reply With Quote