View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 05:54 PM   #102
72c20customcamper

Re: The Neighbors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I moved to my current home a little over 17 years ago. Where we used to live, we had that crazy neighbor, in the house next to us. Stories. I'll post them in this thread periodically, but here's one. In '91, when the investigators came around to do a background check on me (security clearance- I worked in military satellite communications for over 27 years) the neighbors put cedar pickets up on the block wall to obscure their yard. I didn't care that it didn't meet code- you need a variance to make a fence over 5' tall (and didn't know why they did that, at the time). The '94 Northridge earthquake, we lost 110 feet of block wall, 62 feet of it along the side they were on. When replacement time came, I was all for using chain link, because I wasn't about to foot (even half of) the bill at $50 a foot for earthquake-approved block wall. So, we got an 8 foot tall cedar picket fence. Why did they want the tall pickets, and previously put the first set of pickets on the old wall? Because they run around their back yard naked, the whole family, and it would have been possible for us to see them from the master bedroom window going to their hot tub and pool, since we were at a slightly higher elevation! Didn't know, didn't care. A guy, two sons and a brood sow of a wife, none of which I had any interest in looking at.
We have the same problem . Before I met my wife she bought the house we live in now. At the time her son was 6 and these people would parade around naked. She complained but the police said if they cant be seen from the street they could. Were way back from the road so they did nothing about it. Fast forward 19 years they do the same. He even rides his tractor buck naked. They are in their 70s now. Hopeing one hot day hd runs over one of the boys. We planted a double row of arborvities to screen the view. Their pretty nasty people too . We found that their gravel drive going around their barn was on her property. I went to discuss it with them and he basically said he'd get his rifle if I didnt get off his property. I informed him I was standing on my property. He made a gesture like he was going for a firearm . I reminded him I was a retired LEO and I was carrying. He backed off quick.

Two days later we put a few sections of chain link on the property line. Cops came and we showed them the servey . They called the property inspector he measured off the guys barn and our new fence was 3 inches away from his property line. The guy is livid now and yells "how am I supppose to get up to my house "Property inspector says I guess you need a new driveway. Around me there are only a couple of year round residents. These idiots aren't so I only have to deal with them a couple times during the summer
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 12-11-2019 at 06:27 PM.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote