View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 10:07 AM   #14
ForcedInduction355

Re: Headers on my C10

I ran headers with the three on the tree for a long while and raced it like that. There were no clearance issue at all that i recall. Had to switch to a 4 speed because the 3-speed trannies kept breaking. Then finally went auto as the stick was too abusive to the drive line with slicks. Now that i am mostly done with racing I'm looking to go back to stick. Though about trying to get the three on the tree adapted to a muncie 4-speed and have a little shifter on floor for reverse. Just an idea of course.

Quote:
Cool. My engine is going to have a cam (209/216 .435 .455) and I am looking for some sound. I know headers always wakes up the sound on a corvette. I'm not looking for a hot rod because I'm keeping 3 on the tree for nostalgic reasons. It is my dads truck that he has owned since before I was born and was the very first vehicle I ever drove and learned to drive in. I was probably 9ish when I first drove it. Now he is giving it to me and we are building it together. Here is a pic of before when we started last December and where we are now.
My dad is a retired auto body man with 43 years under his belt. Kind of helps a lot with the restoration process to have him there. I'm lucky to get to spend this time with him and we are having a lot of fun.
That is awesome. I also got my truck from my father who is now retired. You are very fortunate to have the body work experience available. I don't get along with body work very well. My truck is Sanford/Farmtruck with good powertrain. Good luck on the build, it is looking great!! You might want to look into slightly bigger cam, if interested at all, (ran single pattern .222 deg @ 0.050" / 0.450" lift for a long while which is factory 327/350hp cam). Something like a 110deg lobe sep if you want some lope. They make some Thumper cams which have a little lope and produce good torque and vac. Not sure of power intent, or what you want it to sound like, but just some thoughts. I used to change cams all the time just testing them, lol.
ForcedInduction355 is offline   Reply With Quote