View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 10:25 PM   #11
focusedontheprize

Re: "Dixie" 1988 Chevrolet V30 3+3 Dually

Plans were thrown off as life steps in. Received a call that a close family member had a stroke and passed in her sleep, which was the silver lining to it. So after running over to the shop and picking up the truck I jumped in the car and ran back to my home town. I just arrived back home last night.

The weather has been all over here in Texas so I needed a quick project to check off today while the rain held off. Since day 1 the truck would bog down when I would stab the gas.

So I decided to pull apart the carburetor and go through it. It is a Holley 870 Avenger that came on the factory 454 crate motor that is in the truck so it had an OEM part number stamped on it.

While going through it I noticed two things - power valve didn't match what factory called for and it had a 40 nozzle it in which I thought was the reason for the issue of the bogging. Swapped in the right power valve and end up settling on a 32 nozzle. Much better response, but I will dial it in a little more once my cam kit arrives from Summit next week.

Last edited by focusedontheprize; 05-18-2019 at 10:36 PM.
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote