View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 09:14 PM   #20
focusedontheprize

Re: "Dixie" 1988 Chevrolet V30 3+3 Dually

After completing a tune up on the truck, it has been much more of a joy to drive. Unfortunately I realized quickly it needed an alignment before I could really take it for a cruise. A friend of mine told me where they take their crew cabs to get them aligned, so I dropped the truck off and a few hours later picked it up. This is where things began to get interesting.

I noticed that the truck had a little bit of a vibration and I believe one of the tires is out of round. I ran the truck over to Discount Tire who said they would be able to balance them next week - 2.5 hours and $150. Okay, no problem.

After returning home from traveling, I dropped the truck off to have them balanced. I received a call the next day stating they were unable to balance them and I would need to come pick up the truck, so I searched around and found a shop here that specializes in 4x4 trucks and decided to bring it to them. I headed up to Discount, jumped in the truck, and hopped on the highway. Probably 8 miles down the road the truck started to violently shake as I exited the highway.

Long story short....finger tight lug nuts are not the proper way to re-install lug nuts. I snapped a stud, but it could have been a lot worse.
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote