Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #118
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Reevaluating my situation on my rear disk conversion and brakes, my lower flex hoses at the caliper in the disk conversion kit were female 3/16 inverted flair so i bought fittings to bring it up to the stock size 1/4 female flair, made 1/4 steel lines because the first upper hose i bought for my lift was also the stock size 1/4 female inverted flair.

When my longer upper hose arrived it had the 3/16 female inverted thread at the T only so i said to hell with it and bought 2 more adapters so i could keep my 1/4 steel lines. and in the prior post you read i was griping about leaks at the fittings...

So i gave in today and bought some 3/16 X 40" steel lines and will be bending and flaring them and getting rid of the adapter fittings..

I believe the problem with the slow pedal return is due to the proportioning valve needing to be reset, I don't know if its gonna reset by itself when i replace the steel lines at this time.

I put the key in the ign today and turned the key on, and there was no brake light on the dash, but there was also no oil light ether so that's a first, the truck would turn over so now i got to figure out whats going on there too.

it never ends...

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote