View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 11:24 AM   #882
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: "Crewcab Jake" the 84 to 74 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
Ken,
I have a few question or so for you.. Finally I am wondering if you have ever relocated the proportioning valve on these trucks? I would also like input about moving it up closer to the master (like on newer trucks). I value your input and as always I am patiently waiting for more updates..... would be faster if you didn’t have to answer silly questions from admirers’...LOL!!!

THANK YOU for your time...

Rodstored-72 "Jake"
Jake,
Regarding the proportioning valve I have not relocated one as of yet. Well technically that's incorrect, so allow me to explain. On previous builds I have replaced stock calipers with slotted rotors and Wilwood D52 calipers. This does not require an adjustable proportioning valve so no changes were made.

On Elwood, I ran 13 imch Wilwoods all around so an adjustable valve was required. I was told that I could mount the Wilwood adjustable valve down in the same location as the bias valve. That was very inaccurate. I did mount it there, but it required a mounting bracket and all new lines to be fabricated.

Wilwood makes a bracket kit that allows you to mount a proportioning valve directly under the Wilwood master cylinder. It comes with bre bent hardlines and fitting. I will be using this on Jake once I determine what size master cylinder I will need.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 10-25-2019 at 11:44 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote