View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #24
tomlamb

Re: 66 frame off resto-mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostranger View Post
cool nice job looks kind of like mine i am also getting a 5.3 vortec ready to put in mine any info on harness, computer reprogramming, motor mounts ,fuel pump and regulator, adapting fuel lines, adapting power steering lines ect. i am going through this right now any suggestions or input would be awesome cant wait to see yours done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the complement, RRC has thus far been doing a great job and it looks like it is moving along quickly.

There are a bunch of folks that do the harnesses and programming. We are planning on using Speartech or Current Performance and having my harness re-worked.

There are a lot of board sponsors that make motor mount kits (ECE and CPP come to mind) and there have been some good reports on them. I wanted to use the stock motor mounts so my builder is making custom mounts to accept the stock motor mounts (Pics coming).

For the fuel pump, I got the entire tank and pump from the 08 so RRC is going to adapt the stock fuel pump to my existing tank as the stock one has the regulator built in and my motor is a single line feed. You can use the vette regulator and external pump method that a lot of board members have used but you need to see if your engine is a single line or supply/return type.

We haven't gotten to the adapting line phase but from what I have read, there are adaptors available from a company (Dorman) that should work.

I'll keep posting pics of the engine swap stuff as I get them...
tomlamb is offline   Reply With Quote