Thread: Doug's Dream
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:49 PM   #80
lghtng2
Account Suspended

Re: Doug's Dream

Sorry its taking so long to reply and pics and vids are coming I promise. Its finally happening all the parts are in the painter is ready the truck is going to be delivered to the paint and body shop this weekend for the extensive overhaul on the cab that is much needed. The engine is out the pictures will tell about half the story planning to youtube the video of how bad it really was but its out with minimal scratches. What’s all happening to the cab? Everything, as with all restorations my favorite saying is "oh the treasures you will find... and spend!" apparently the previous owner thought tiger hair was a good way to repair holes. Needless to say the cab has holes around the window, the floor has been patched to oblivion so I have decided to replace it all together. From what I can tell before sandblast the toe board is good, the roof is good, the floor is acceptable but has several patches and supports rusting out all around, and the rear of the cab looks interesting cab corners will be replaced maybe more All in all very excited to see it going to paint and body but nervous the piggy bank is gonna get hit hard on this one. Like I said before pics and vids are coming hopefully have some up tomorrow. Along with some video of trailoring her off on Sat.
New finish goal is November 3rd, my birthday!

Last edited by lghtng2; 09-22-2010 at 11:51 PM.
lghtng2 is offline   Reply With Quote