View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 01:11 PM   #10
dieseldawg142

Re: 73-87 door speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
A tip for people running those small baffles on door speakers, cut the bottom half off of at least drill a a 2" hole in the bottom. Most of the speakers being run that I see are designed for infinite baffle type enclosures. You are really limiting the bass/mid bass by putting them in such small enclosures. I just use a piece of 3 mil plastic sheet draped over the top half of the speaker if I am worried about water.
a 2" hole won't do much good unless you have real crappy speakers...then it may improve them
i cut the bottom off my baffles and in no way do they affect the bass, majority of my bass comes from a pair of subs anyways. have tried many other ways, pieces of plastic over the speakers, ALWAYS came off and would get tangled in the window track, tried old margarine tubs, tried home-made sheet metal covers, none ever lasted long or worked the greatest (biggest prob i found was keeping them on the doors and not coming off)
pre-made baffles are about the simplest, easiest way of keeping speakers dry i have found, with none of the "staying put" probs, once there mounted to the speaker, they are'nt ever coming off.
i like easy and simple...
and i live in the PNW, rain capital of north america...
Name:  IMG_0199 (2).jpg
Views: 2630
Size:  24.1 KB

Last edited by dieseldawg142; 08-21-2019 at 01:16 PM.
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote