View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 06:33 AM   #5
LT7A

Re: Looking for advice and/or resources

Cool rig and you already have some good information here. There is a dash cover replacement that is made by a company that has a state name. A southwestern-ish state (or city?). Somebody else will remember maybe. People seem to like those. I'm more of a Dremel out the cracks and run a bead of sealant guy. But I get the idea of renewing things like that. I'm not sure any of them have the steel substructure though and so I like to stick with OEM products if at all possible.

The the disc brake replacement products always seem to be so fiddly. The big drum brakes that come on rigs like that do their job just fine. DirtyLarry here on the forum has a rant about it in one of his build threads. Personally, I think the disc brake conversions look cool, but beyond that, it's money being spent for a minor improvement, if that.

Hard to beat Rust-Oleum paint on the frame and chassis. Cheap, paints directly over rust, and lasts quite well.

If you ask a moderator to move this thread into the squarebody build threads, you will have much more traffic and possibly more opinions than you want, haha. Welcome to the forum.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote