Thread: Doin '69
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
Draggin A$$

Doin '69

So, I was goofing off on Craigslist a few weeks ago and found this. A 1969 Chevy C10 with a 307 and a 3 speed manual. It looked pretty clean in the pics so I hit the guy up and went out to take a look.

Talking to the guy he said it just had a new electric fuel pump and battery, but it had a blown head gasket(no biggie). I spent about 2 hours going over it looking at everything front to back and inside out. There was very little rust. The worst of it was on the doors. So being the semi-ass that I am, I lowballed him pretty good and he came back with not much of a counter offer. The deal was done. I picked it up for a whopping $400 big ones. On the way home picked up a complete engine gasket and seal kit, head bolts, oil filter and a thermostat and spent another $75. I'm in this thing for $475 now.

Here are the pics

I know it flipped at least once

And yes my former pride and joy the S14 was kicked out of the garage

As of now only plans are too:

reseal the motor and clean it
clean and seal the frame
clean and repaint the engine bay
make the interior mint
fix the rust on the doors and dent
wheels (big chrome rims or old school with big white walls)

Down the road SLAM IT and make it a Sled.

Next day I did about an 45 minutes worth of work and got this for. The heads are unbolted and read to be pulled. I got hungry so I stopped.

Ok got the heads off and here's what it looked like.

8, 6, 4, 2(L-R)

1, 3, 5, 7(L-R)

I left for Yellowstone on the 21st of June and got back on the 26th. When I got back I finish cleaning up the heads, intake mani, block and oil pan then she'll be put back together.

This is were I'm sitting with it right now. The heads are back on just need to torque them down(forgot to get a torque wrench from work). I should have it done and running by Monday.
Draggin A$$ is offline   Reply With Quote