View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #69
joe231

Re: My 1991 Crew Cab project

Marcus,
That's interesting. I know on the factory stuff, the VSS on the t-case is used by the computer and speedo. I'm not sure how many sensors there are on the trans (at least one), the computer uses info from the tran VSS and the t case VSS to detect trans mission slippage.

So my whole trans debacle has derailed my progress on the truck. My interior is gutted and taking up space in my garage waiting on me to patch the floor. So I decided to ignore the other issues right now and focus on that.its been pretty cold lately, single digits and some slightly sub-zero temps with wind! So last weekend I pulled the truck in my garage. It lacks a couple feet from fitting so I hung tarps up to hold the heat. I had to either climb over the bed, or go outside and around, anytime I needed to go to the other side of the truck. That was kind of a pain as I kept forgetting tools and suck on the opposite side from where I needed them, lol. But I was able to get my floor patched and painted with POR15. It was a bit of a pain to weld, and I really didn't want to throw grinding dust all over my cab, so I just left the welds the way they were... UGLY! Still need to pull out my seats so I can put all the interior back in, maybe I can find some time over the 3 day Christmas weekend.