View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 09:11 PM   #1
Corts60
Just here to tinker

67 GMC 1500 Project

Hi All!

I am very excited to be active on this website again and for the first time with a 67-72 truck! I have been on the 60-66 and 73-87 forums for years and now I get to join you all.

So here we go. Today I traded my '06 GMC 4x4 for this little gem. It is a '67 GMC 1500 longbed. Factory 327 and a/c. It is a very clean original truck that was re-worked about 9 years ago with the following mods: power windows, power locks, 4 wheel disc brakes, drop spindles, and a black paint job. The guy I bought it from used it as this shop truck/advertisement board. It mostly sat out front his shop for years. He drove it a couple times a month.

The 327 was removed last year after a misfire that couldn't be tuned out occured and a "freshened" up 350 with a mild cam was installed. At that time he also put in a 2600 stall torque converter, which I am not a fan of so far. It's not a very street friendly set-up currently and I will most likely change out the torque converter and cam this summer.

Here are pics of what it looked like with the shop name on it. I buffed off the letters on the driver side today. I'll do the passenger side tomorrow. That was a lot of work!
Attached Images

Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote