View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 01:04 AM   #86
c10derek

Re: C10 Derek, my first car

Well guys... what seemed inevitable has finally happened. My Dad would put it, "I ran out of skill" while I'd just prefer not to talk about it all together. Leaving a school event about 8 weeks ago I wrecked into a concrete base to a light post in the school parking lot. Both my passenger and myself were unscathed but my truck did not fair so well... A ruined fender, bent rim, snapped A-arms, and a slightly bent frame along with other wreckage such as a dented header. A few days after the crash I entered into an intense robotics season and rarely left my school for 7 weeks straight leaving my Dad to disassemble in my absence. Both of us have just recently resumed full work on the truck.

Well..... As terrible as it all was, My Dad handled everything very well and I appreciate all of his help. It was hard to own up to my mistake at school but my Dad chose to make the best of the situation and improve front end design. The previous shockwaves in the front rode rough due to high pressure so we opted to change out for separate large volume bags and shocks. With help from No Limits Engineering for supplying old stock A-arms the truck is again quickly taking shape... Its missing some paint but after I locate a rim and a fender it'll be back on the rode.

Picture from the night of the wreck
Name:  3.4.14 iphone 112.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  60.6 KB

Control Arm wreckage...
Name:  3.4.14 iphone 115.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  76.3 KB
Name:  3.4.14 iphone 127.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  75.1 KB

Newest framework and fab, very excited to see it all come together again.
Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  57.8 KB

As hard as it is to admit.... This was my passenger and now, my girlfriend... It definitely could have ended worse... everyone's safe, the truck will be resurrected, and my Dad didn't kill me yet
Name:  3.4.14 iphone 177.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  109.5 KB

I'll be sure to post more pictures as it all comes together, thanks for the support.
c10derek is offline   Reply With Quote