Thread: 47-59 LED Headlight issue
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 10:35 AM   #9
TX3100Guy

Re: LED Headlight issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by leegreen View Post
If you do decide to cut that headlight bucket up, check how the 'reflector' is supported for adjusting the headlight. I'd have to pull my headlights to check but I think that inner ring on the bucket supports the portion of the reflector held by springs.....so it may not be as simple as just cutting the bucket open.
Adjustability may not matter though with after market LEDs as they are probably just floodlights that annoy other drivers anyway (personal bias don't mind me)

GMCs had the park light under the headlight in fender, Chevrolet used the one in grill.

your plan to blink amber in headlight - does the headlight beam go off when that happens so the turn signal is visible?

I converted my in grill park lights to dual element with amber bulb so it is both park and turn, looks like 28tudorAZ may have done the same. I have sealed beams right now, but have a set of H4 shells on the shelf, past vehicles with 55/100 H4 were very drivable.
I'm not going to be cutting the reflector bucket open (any further) and I'm definitely not going to be altering the black mounting bucket. That is too much destruction for my tastes.

As for the question about the turn signal, it is an amber halo ring, but since they aren't connected, I'm unsure of how bright the ring is versus the headlight itself and don't know if it flashes the headlight.....I guess I'll never know, they are boxed up and headed back today.

I'm still not sure how I will go with turn signals/parking lights, a dual element bulb sounds interesting, but don't know if I'll revert back to in the grille or look at the GMC method.......

I have enough irons in the fire for now, I'll decide when I get closer to that stage.

My 1953 Chevy Work-In-Process Photo Gallery

"I don't have a carbon footprint, I drive everywhere."
TX3100Guy is offline   Reply With Quote