View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 10:26 PM   #156
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

got the front trimmed and dropped, fit is peeeerrfect now.

I really like the stance so far. I may need a small block in the rear to get it where I want it but we will see.

the reason I know its in the perfect spot is because the upper brace lines up. but it had some broken bolts in it so I had to do some repair and finish with a squirt of paint

I flipped my unfinished core support mount around and I will trim it straight across to let the radiator slide down past it so I dont have to move the lower rad outlet and can keep the mechanical fan. I will tack it together and pull it apart and brace it. the good news is that solves my problem with the power steering lines too.

I threw a board in to act as a seat to check pedal locations and I think the buckets are going to be perfect.

I was putting off the repair of the windshield crank in case I got the one pulled from the other 41 and it was ok but thats a pipe dream to throw a windshield/dash/windshield crank pull in the middle of working on this one. so I did the repair, I used a high brass plug and center drilled the oval-ed hole that was keeping the gears from meshing then center drilled the brass plug for the shaft, then pressed it all together in the vice.

it works well, it has a tough spot so I need to take it back apart and I will probably put the tough spot at 3/4 extension since the windshield will never get opened more than an inch or two

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote