View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #18
special-K
Special Order

Re: pics of your rpm guage setups...custom or stock looking

I call my RPM gauge a tach . Right now, in my K2500 I'm running a restored factory tach dash and replated bezel done by Cheyenne Superman in '89. This is the second truck it's been in. I thought I had a picture, but don't seem to

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71blksuper4x4 View Post
Mine
And just what is that you did there, sir? Curious minds would like to know. Very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2a View Post
70-78 Camaro tach.
That's the set-up I have in moth balls for my K2500, along with matching woodgrain panels done very nicely that I got from Jerry Brown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
Mine is period correct old school Sun
I like that. I have tach dashes and have been all about them since I found out they existed. But for my '67 GMC SWB retro hot truck I've decided to do this same thing. This is what everyone did in the day. I saw very few vehicles with tach dashes back then, but everyone had to have a tach. I'm talking Chevelles to trucks. I'm actually thinking to use a no gauge cluster and add the 3-gauge set-up under the dash as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySons68C20 View Post
This is a Bosch retro tach that is a copy of the Sun Tach I had when I was 16 on my 68 I had back then.....shoot, that was 40 years ago!!
Good to know Bosch makes these. I'll be checking into one once I'm ready

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote