Thread: Scars are in?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #34
Robznob11

Re: Scars are in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
Threads like this are the reason why so many guys have taken their build threads to places like Instagram.

So what if it’s become stylish to prove that you’ve done amazing work building the trucks of your dreams?

Some of the comments here are fine. But what I can’t stand is the ones where people to justify their crap by belittling the choices of others. There are literally hundreds of thousands of these trucks out there. Despite what some of us think, these trucks will never be 69’ Z28 rare.

Build what you want. Don’t like what others build? ignore their style and build your own. The scene would be pretty damn boring if every single truck looked the same.
I have to agree with you on this! So here is also what i believe is the main reason the scars are in..... Most people dont have the skills to cut down the bed and weld it back together in a way that is clean enough to display! They cobbel it together and then slop bondo over it to cover their mistakes. In the true custom world you see not only scars but also full, chopped, channeled ,modded etc....sometimes in full bare metal....that proves whoever put it together is bad a$$ and proud to show their work to others! Now with that being said...my truck is a real short bed and i made the choice to go custom paint....yea as some say it displays well and looks presentable but.......I sometimes regret that choice. The reason being i feel like I cant go drive it like i want to. I might chip it, or someone might touch it etc....I can respect the guys that have crazy awesome rides and go drive the you know what out of them! If it breaks fix it and hammer down some more! I also agree these trucks will never be as rare as a 69z28 lol. And yea bed sides are expensive but I doubt that is the reason people cut down long beds...even at a grand each that is pocket change to the other mods you see on most trucks wearing scars....Its more about the satisfaction of the build and also using the original iron/patina. At least the american iron should please some of the naysayers here��. But probably not ....I'll be thrown under the bus after all I am driving a heavily modified C10 shorty that has been cut on by my wretched hands!��
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS

Last edited by Robznob11; 11-22-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote