View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #68
BMERDOC

Re: If you had the money what would you do to your truck?

I squirm when I hear the term "Resto-Mod" but I think that's the term that best represents what I would do. I would "restore" it taking great liberties using the best that GM used in the 67-72 trucks...and tweak them.

I'd have body gaps that rivaled any of the finest Germans and Italians, the stock color (506 Medium Blue Poly) but layers of glass-like clear so that it looks like its still wet and you can reach your arm up to your elbow in it. I'd want an interior that from a quick glance looked like a very nice Stock interior but a quick tour would show you that its anything but stock. I've thought about every motor GM has offered and I think I would base mine off the L88 tri power motors. The bed wood would be as nice as the paint. I like the Birdseye Maple, Leopard and Lace that one of the bigger bed wood companies offer, capped off with polished, hidden bolt skid strips. I'd top it off with a beautiful 20/22 wheel package. Not sure which one but you get the idea. Not sure if I'd bag it or be happy with a 5/7 drop. 5/7s look very nice.

Then I'd take it to a car show so that I could hear someone grumble about an over-restored, lowered C10 with big wheels on it.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote