View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #154
69chevytrucker

Re: How about some pics of custom stereos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajondrummer89 View Post
Here's a custom box we build for my dad's '71 C10. I'll be doing something very similar for my '77 K10. We wanted to make it fit as well as possible with the curve of the back wall just under the window. It's all MDF for the center box. The sides we made out of MDF and fiberglass. The 6x9's are recessed into the box to be covered with some hardware cloth (still looking for the right kind). It'll be upholstered soon in a black marine type vinyl with a very low grain.

The 6x9's are temporary. Hopefully we'll get some new ones in there this summer. It sounds awesome though! I couldn't be more happy with the way it turned out. Turned out nice for both sound quality AND volume!

If you notice the amp is mounted IN the box. Same idea as the 6x9's there. It'll be covered with some hardware cloth later on. There's a 12v DC fan down below which runs off the remote power to the amp. It pulls cool air in and pushes warm air out the vent holes I left in the top of the box. It pushes air into the cavity under the back window and the air disburses from there. It runs nice and cool!
hope you dont mind i think i will copy that in my 69 looks just like what i wanted i can picture the finished product looks great
69chevytrucker is offline   Reply With Quote