View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #36
MattPSU

Re: Porterbuilt Stage 1 Front and Rear Kit Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano69c10 View Post
I want to stay about stock height, but was wondering if I do want to adjust the stance;
Are there air bags that are shorter in order to maintain air pressure, but lower the ride?

Dano
I'm not sure about shorter bags. I'll let Travis, Nate or someone else who knows answer that question.

After I did the Stage 1 kits, I decided that I wanted to have a lower ride height too which is why I added the drop spindles and notch. I also removed the upper cups in the rear. Never thought about shorter bags, but removing those cups does make the bag shorter.

Changing the pressure changes the height as desired. These kits give about 6-8" of adjust-ability. Of course you don't want to run at 0 psi or at full pressure.

Personally, I like the fact that I have a nice ride with a slightly lowered stance and I can let the air out when I get to my destination and appear to have a super low truck. I had an S10 that was statically dropped a good bit, and it looked cool, but rode like crap. My C10 rides great AND has the desired look when parked.

Not sure if that answered your question or not. - Matt

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE