View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 09:58 AM   #8
Hart_Rod

Re: 69 Burb speaker/amp/sub suggestions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
That 1.77 spec is for their entry level supplied speaker, not the depth of the pod. Their deluxe is 2.1. The JL's are 2.44. I don't think it will be a problem. If it is, then you can use a .5" spacer ring to move the speaker out.

IMO, the 10" is a better match for that amp. However, after looking over the spec sheet again, the coils are way less resistance than advertised. The D4 would end up @ 1.45 ohm, instead of 2 ohm. A lot of amps are not stable down to 1 ohm. This is out of my comfort zone for giving advice without consulting the manufacturer.

Therefore, the IDQ10-D2 wired series is 1.85 ohm x2= 3.7 ohm. This would be the safer option. Image Dynamics recommends 250w RMS for the IDQ10. The NVX amp advertises 220-300w @ 4 ohm. The extra "horsepower" at 2 ohm would be nice, but I think 4 ohm would be adequate.

We're kind of splitting hairs here. I could ask this question on the audio forum if you're interested in squeezing the extra power out of the amp. Which, I think would be needed if running the 12".
I'm good with the 10". The problem with going with a deeper speaker is that it will create interference with the parking brake if you shim it out.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote