View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 08:58 PM   #12
Hart_Rod

Re: 69 Burb speaker/amp/sub suggestions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Looks like a nice setup. I've never hear of the amp before, but that might not be saying much.

I'm with BIGlaSS on running components up front and coaxial in the rear. I do that on most of my setups. Also I agree, its awfully hard to beat a JL subwoofer.

I like the Retro Component Kick Panels but I don't see where you can buy them unloaded.
I found them on Summitracing for $59

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/res-kp-c59-6772

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
Bend the parking brake.

I believe that same amp is made for a couple different brands (PPI, Arc audio?). Same amp, different logo. It gets lots of positive rec's. I have a Zapco amp, but it lacks a remote bass knob. That is a nice feature when you have some songs with overpowering bass, and the next one is not enough. Otherwise you have to dig deep into the subwoofer settings on the head unit to adjust.

It looks like you can buy the "blank" kick panels directly from Retro. I also have the Retro2 and all Image Dynamics speakers for my 57 pickup, but haven't installed yet. Hopefully soon.

In a 2 seater, I would skip the rear speakers and spend the money on a DSP (digital signal processer). A DSP will correct the imaging to put you right in the sound stage. No need for rears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Yeah I'm a firm believer in a remote subwoofer volume control. My old Phoenix Gold amp in my boat had one and we used it all the time. The RF amp in my sxs didn't have one so I got a volume control that I wired inline of the RCAs on the sub amp.

I agree rears in a truck isn't necessary. The seat kind of kills the sound quality.

I like the idea of components due to lack of angle of coaxials won't give you the proper soundstage.
How did you set your components up in the front of your 68?

To both of you, sorry for all of the questions, but I'm stereo illiterate...
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote