Thread: Different hoods
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 05:19 AM   #3
Booth001

Re: Different hoods

Hey,
Thank you very much for the pictures, very helpful. I’m restoring the 61 as a daily driver, plus. I’m not a purest, and don’t like the nostrils of the 61, and am considering swapping hooks out. If I do that, I will restore both hoods and paint them both, maybe woodsmoke blue, and probably use the 62-66 hood and just keep the other, just to keep the whole thing together. It had a seized 300 6 cylinder in it, but I couldn’t break it free, so I pulled a 327 out of a 67 vette and rebuilt it .30 over, and working on motor mounts now. I figure I have another year to have it on the street, but I love the project. Back to the hood... I’m assuming that if I can find a 62-66 hood, it will match right up? And just to be clear, I have a pal that says he’s an aficionado on these trucks, and he told me that the 61 Chevy could have had the flat hood as the nostrils were an option. I’ve never seen one or heard of this, have you? He wants to trade me hoods, so there may be some kind of skullduggery involved. Again, thank you for your response.
Booth001 is offline   Reply With Quote