Thread: Inline Tube
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #11
myyamr7

Re: Inline Tube

I'm with the majority here, never again will I use them, once was enough! I ordered the full stainless set for my 71 c10, the kit said ALL lines from the master to the caliper included.
After waiting 5 weeks for this to show up, I find out that was false , because the rubber lines were not included.
When questioned on the phone, they said they didn't even sell the rubber lines. When looking on their website, the rubber lines were available for purchase at the time.
I went to install the kit, and as mentioned above, no directions so it was a pain to get it sorted. With a little bending here and there, the kit fit OK until i got to the rear axle. The axle lines were totally wrong, not even close to stock as advertised. The set they gave me had the rubber line connection on top of the center section of the rear end, my 71 has the tab welded off to the side on one of the axle tubes.
After calling, they said someone must have changed the rear end in my truck and the lines they sent me, were correct for my truck. I took a picture of my original set up and posted here only for the fine members to confirm, that mine was in fact correct and original. When I called them back, all i got was a sorry, that's the part, nothing we can do. Rather than deal with their incompetence, I took my stock rubber line and went to the parts store to try and match up a longer one that would reach the center of the housing.
myyamr7 is offline   Reply With Quote