Thread: Inline Tube
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 04:21 AM   #15
GMCPaul

Re: Inline Tube

The 3.5'-4' long boxes the brake line sets ship in are oversized. Fed-Ex & UPS use dimensional sizing to price shipments. They take length, + width X 2+ height X2 to determine a boxes dimensional size, they then base the shipping charges on the size of box rather than weight. Inline Tube gets charged this dimensional rate and they pass this charge on to the vendor who then passes the oversized shipping cost onto the customer. If Inline Tube, The Right Stuff, and other brake line suppliers did not do the shipping bends then the box required would be outside allowable shipping dimensions and you would have to pay truck freight rates to get your brake lines without a shipping bend in them.
Most vendors like myself also place a statement on their brake line page explaining the shipping bends and honestly I've straightened a dozen or so sets myself and its rather easy to straighten them properly. For those that want to say putting a shipping bend in a straight line weakens the metal by distorting it every set of brake lines made is made from a coil of brake line tubing that's straightened then bent to pattern so claiming a gradual curve in the line weakens it means EVERY brake line made is weak since they all were originally in a coil before being formed.
We use Inline tube and 99% of the time things work great. Sometimes though there are problems. Some of these problems are Inline Tube sending the wrong product, other times the trucks been altered from original and other times its due to a optional rear-end being optioned onto the truck making it a different pattern than the other 99% of trucks without a optioned in rear end.
Paul @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote