Thread: Inline Tube
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #22
GMCPaul

Re: Inline Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldman View Post
How about cutting and splicing instead of bending? Years ago I ordered brake line, the one going to the rear end, from a company and they coiled it up into an 12 square inch box. Great if I am making a still. Instructions said to bend it to the shape I needed. I bought a pre-bent line so it would fit like the original. Heck, I could have bought 3 foot lines and put them together just as easy and for a whole lot less $$$ and the same amount of bending. Lesson learned, if I want it done right.... well, you know the rest.
Not sure who you bought your line from but Inline Tubes front to rear line is bent in the original shape as found on the truck frame originally ( they are not a perfectly strait line ) they are not coiled up in a 12" square box. They then apply shipping bends on the front to rear line
""Shipping bends are required to ship all lines over 6 feet in length. This bend is a large-radius bend that is the same as a 5 gallon bucket. The tubing is not stressed so the bend is easily straightened to the original form. To remove the shipping bend, simply unroll the section marked between the tags on a flat surface such as a table or garage floor. Use the floor as a straight edge. Whatever gentle bend is left, straighten by hand. When the tube is straight you are done.""
Who did you buy your line from? I'd like to read that suppliers description as I bet it never mentions being pre-bent to shape and instead probably says something like it provides all the line needed to replace your front to rear line, and if it does state its pre-bent then I would guess the coiled line you received was a error in pulling and shipping the wrong part.
Paul @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote