View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 04:50 PM   #44
rustygreen47

Re: Dolphin Quad Gauges - Not Recommended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston54 View Post
If you are considering Dolphin for a set of 5 inch quad gauges you might want to consider my experience. I installed a set last July in my 54 Chevy and noticed on the first night ride the illumination between the two buckets was significantly different with the speedo nice and bright and the gauge bucket very dim. Thinking I had wiring it incorrectly I checked everything and confirmed my grounds. Everything checked out. I contacted the Dolphin Tech line and was informed they were aware of the problem and were working on a new gauge bucket with brighter lighting. I was told to call back in a month and they would swap the unit I had out with a new one. Sounded good to me.

Two months later I called to see if the new buckets were available and was informed they will not be fixing the problem and they suggested I wiring in a resistor to reduce the lighting level of the speedo to match the gauge bucket. This is not an acceptable solution to me. If the problem had been know going into the purchase I would not have selected this product.

I requested they buy back gauges from me or refund my purchase price to which I have not received a reply.

I have attached a pic of the gauges at night. While the gauges can be read it is not as easy as the speedo which is obvious. If you would be happy with this level of lighting or only drive during the day then these might be the instruments for you but to me they are a second rate product which will be included in my next swap meet material.

I bought the Dolphin guages, installed the speedo and the quad along with the EZ Wiring harness, and the temp and oil guages did not work. After 2 tech calls, a new oil sending unit, they still were not working. THEN on 3rd call, tech says, send it back. 2 weeks later, I get new quad guage, install, still not owrking. Tech says again, loosen guage from back braket, I said, it is just sitting in dash, no braket. Now temp guage scew spins when I tried to put nut back on after testing today, now 2nd new temp guage purchase. Tech says to install new plugin supplied with new guage.
This has not been a good experience for me. DOn't know if I will suggest Dolphin guages to anyone else???????
rustygreen47 is offline   Reply With Quote