View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 02:00 PM   #59
MikeB

Re: Rock Auto WARNING

Rock Auto prices are very good. But, as mentioned above, just wait until you try to return something.

They also advertise parts as "Moog", for example, but then add "Private Label" to the description. So who knows if that part in box labeled "SRT" is really made by Moog? Nowhere on the box or the part does it list the country of origin.

And beware their "Wholesaler Closeout" deals. I did get a nice USA-made master cylinder in a beat-up dusty box for a crazy low price, but then also got an alternator belt that was hard as a rock. It must have been sitting on a shelf for 20 yrs. I think what they do is sell old inventory that distributors took back from parts stores that went out of business. And no way would another parts store accept it. So enter Rock Auto!
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote