Thread: McGaughy's
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 10:30 PM   #1
w00dst0ck

McGaughy's

I've always bought drop spindles/springs/bags from other venders before, but I decided to check out the McGaughy stuff on my newest Suburban build.

Ordered 71-72 Drop Spindles. They showed up a week or so later, in a box marked 71-72 with the correct part numbers. Immediately I could tell they were Pre 71 because the tie rod end bores were tiny. Called the vendor I originally purchased through, and they directed me to McGaughy's because it wasn't an issue on their end, the spindles were packed incorrectly.

Called McGaughy's, and right off the bat their tech support assured my I did not have the correct part numbers for tie rod ends, and that there's no way they would have fit the ball joints if they were pre 71 (even after I told him that they all share the same balljoints, and they fit perfectly).

Emailed about 5-6 pictures of the issue. I called back, he kept saying that it was impossible because they put different color dots on the spindles, and mine had the correct white dot.

The week ended with him saying he needed to do more research, while I pulled out a reamer and opened the tie rod ends up to the correct size. Long story short, no one should have to modify a brand new $250 pair of spindles that were marked and packaged incorrectly. Nor as a small shop owner, have to spend an entire day emailing/calling to prove they got shipped the wrong parts.

From such a big company, I expected their tech guys to know what they're looking at and offer to send me a replacement.
w00dst0ck is offline   Reply With Quote