View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 11:27 AM   #13
TKCR

Re: LMC truck parts stinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
LMC is just buying parts from retail vendors and selling them with extra 20% added on. You can go to the same suppliers and buy direct get a better deal. I got burned on a wiring harness they just bought it from american autowire and added $100 to American autowire's retail price re-box and sent it to me I paid an extra $100 over what American Autowire sells it for from their website Summit was $200 cheaper. They just put everything in a nice catalog so you can find everything in one place that's what your paying for.
That is true in some cases. But that's not LMC's fault. People should do their research on the parts they want before buying, to see where they can get the same part cheaper. I do this with just about everything I buy, not just truck parts.
When I redid my interior, I made a list of the parts I wanted/needed. I then searched each part to compare prices and shipping. Wrote everything down, then when it was time to start purchasing, my list told me where to shop.

When it comes to certain parts though, they are "Exclusive" to certain places. For example: Grille Bow tie, GM has Authorized the exact reproduction of the original emblem. LMC doesn't have it, but Classic Industries and a few other places do. And vise versa: LMC has the narrow tailgate band, but no one else has it.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote