View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 06:25 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: **do not buy blueprint engines***

150 miles isn't even a break-in period. Sponsoring TV shows and other forms of "paying" to get your name out there is just that, "Buying a reputation" not earning one. It sounds like using "Blueprint" in their name is a decoy. A precision built engine is not necessarily blueprinted. They are misusing the term right there. Big means nothing these days. More than anything it means they cut a finance deal for a big line of credit with a bank.

You are better off dealing with that guy in your area who's name comes up when talking engine building. I use Mark Pickett, ever hear of him? You know, the guy who lives back off of Old West Falls Rd in Back Acres Estates with the machine shop in his attached garage. The guy who does all the machine work and engine building for the repair shops in the area and those hot rodders and racers who are in the know.

The engine in my '72 K2500 "I" rebuilt in '91 and is in it's second truck. I disassembled, used a local machine shop for the machine work, supplying bearings to match the resulting specs, and I went ahead and had them assemble the heads. I don't call myself a mechanic or an engine builder, but I assembled the block, then heads, with great care and attention to every detail checking myself along the way. This was the 4th or 5th engine build for me. I know what's in there and I would be no better off with a GM crate engine. The proof is in the pudding.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-27-2019 at 07:27 AM.
special-K is online now   Reply With Quote