View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 07:24 AM   #45
special-K
Special Order

Re: **do not buy blueprint engines***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacy View Post
Then why arent you blasting the vendor like you are blueprint? Maybe the vendor thought they could pass off some other companies engine as a BPE and no one would know.

post the link to the vendor and engine you bought that specifically says its a BPE.
Those have been my thoughts on this. The vendor misled you, by your own admission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflat View Post
328hp for a 383 and 5,000+, no thanks.
These are trucks, son, it's about the torque and that's what a stroker motor is all about. That's a "better 328hp" than a 350 makes. And when did 328hp become something to sneeze at. That NEW ALL GM three hundred and twenty eight actual horsepower is fresh and ready for you to put a whole heap of seasoning on. And if you want more HP it's in there. A quick came swap before installing can add a lot for the cost of a camshaft. This is a fully warranted engine by, I'd say, a fairly reputable enterprise that has a warranty in mind when building engines... and a reputaion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post
The engine from Scoggins is BRAND NEW...400 ft lb of torque in a brand new, fully warranted GM engine...the HP rating is very conservative its the torque that gets the work done....right where you need it between 2500 and 4000 rpm.

Not some hacked up piece of crap with doubtful parts, ASSembled by people that are paid by the unit assembled not by the quality of the result.

This whole post just seems suspect...and we are yet to see the names of the installation vendor or the invoice from the engine builder....get the installation vendor to supply the invoice from their supplier....if they cant, contact an attorney immediately, as you seem to have a good case.

Yeah, like that ^^^

I hope the recent absence of the OP is due to him being out there making some calls to come back with more accurate information

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote