View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 11:37 AM   #5
SierraMtns

Re: Rebuild LQ9 or...Stroke it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS short box View Post
I'm guessing at 200K it will need boring if it didn't lead a good life. If you have the cash I would stroke it no matter what. But if money is a bit short a good set of forged rods and pistons would be a good way to go. Will it need a valve job?
Head studs are kind of expensive. How about ARP main and head bolts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS short box View Post
I would call that a medium size cam. The 111 cl is going to you a bit of a chop at idle. If you are going to run an auto I would run good stall converter around 3000 stall. I like Yank or Circle. In my 68 I have a Yank 2800 and it drives like a stocker until you put the pedal down.
Good to hear thats a medium size cam. I was a little worried it was a little big. The company Tick Performance recommend a 3500 stall. I was going to go with Yank because they are only 2 hours away. Take a drive and go see there shop. I just need to figure out how to build this engine before ordering the Torque converter.

What lifters do you recommend? I was thinking GM LS7 lifters but then I was reading guys say they are not good for aftermarket cams. Get a set of lifters from Comp?
SierraMtns is offline   Reply With Quote