View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #212
matti

Re: 700R4 build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
Time to Install the Valve Body.

Install the Manual Link Rod as shown in the picture below.

Hand tighten the 1-2 Accumulator Housing & Auxiliary Valve body bolts.

Remove the Z-Bolt alignment stud that is closest to the shifter Comb.....It gets in the way of installing the Valve Body.

You may need help holding the Valve Body over the Case to start the Manual Link Rod into the Manual Shift Valve.

Center the Valve Body over the remaining Z-Hole alignment Stud, Slowly lower the Valve Body onto the Separator Plate Gasket.

**NOTE, Before sitting the Valve Body all the way down...Make Sure no Checkball has fallen onto the Separator Plate, You can usually hear them drop, But still check**

Start the Z-Hole Valve Body Bolt First!

Install the Forward Accumulator Feed Pipe if equipped.

Start the rest of the Valve Body bolts, Be aware of the Brackets & Hold down locations in the Pic below.

I do the TV Actuator Assembly last along with removing the other Alignment stud
Hey, I am wondering if there should be a detent hole for fully round circle ended line bias valve (Picture I posted, I pointed it with red arrow). I am now setting up my own transmission and I am having a bit conflicting information. Transgo separator plate 700-P instruction does say nothing about that hole their plate is missing even though it should fit all model years between 82-93. Then Atra rebuild manual says it is necessary for the hole to be there for proper line bias valve operation. Have you faced this problem before ? I am wondering if I should drill this hole there or not ?
Attached Images

matti is offline   Reply With Quote