View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 01:29 AM   #1
chris1htx

Gen V Swap - shop?

What’s up guys. I purchased a gen v set up a little over a year ago, excited to get the swap going in my ‘84 I searched the Houston area for a shop that would tackle this for me. Found a shop willingly to do it, 8 month waiting list passes and $300 non-refundable deposit later the shop turned out to be unreliable. Luckily I was able to find another shop that looked very promising, the guy seemed like he knew what he was doing, seemed very knowledgeable. Got the old inline 6 out of the truck, the firewall was completely rusted through, decided to get it fixed while everything was out of the way. The firewall turned out great, the installation of the new motor was soon to begin, so I thought. The guy had a lot of projects going on, very unresponsive with calls or texts. Say he would get to it a certain week but 3 weeks would pass and he still hadnt touched it. I later learned he got kicked out of “his” shop due unpayment of rent, just my luck.

Sorry for the venting.

I’m picking up my truck tomorrow with the engine and all the parts. Does anyone know of any trustworthy shops in Houston that wont be overly expensive? I’m willing to tackle the project myself but when it comes to the technical items it makes me nervous. I may have gotten myself into a pickle with this swap. On a better note, my firewall looks great.
chris1htx is offline   Reply With Quote