View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 08:52 PM   #10
dsraven

Re: remote air compressor timer

another idea for the compressor. since it is usually tucked away or forgotten as far as water draining, I bought an 110V electric drain that has a timer you can set for different intervals. it is plumbed into the bottom of the air tank and wired into the shop lights. when I am in the shop the lights are on, and so is the compressor usually, so the auto drain dumps the compressor tank for a few seconds at timed intervals. I also have plumbed the compressor outlet into a 1" copper loop before it dumps again into a upright pipe that serves as another cooler/air dryer of sorts. now I have a lot less moisture in my air lines even if the compressor runs constantly for a few hours. I have 5 air hose reels placed in the 2 bays and across the front workbench area and each one has a drop pipe next to it to collect moisture. these drops have nylon tubing run to an easily accessible area where there is a drain valve on the end of each tube. this makes it easy to keep moisture ut of the lines and tools, spray guns etc.

drain looks like this

https://www.amazon.ca/AC110V-Electro...67043675&psc=1
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote