View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #16
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Reconfiguring my little shop ... maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Moving the roll up door from the front to the rear would be easy enough, I have a brother that is a builder. But I don't have the real estate in the back to be able to use a 14 foot door. And then the front wouldn't look esthetically as nice as it does now. I would put my work bench along that wall.

I only call it a man door because that's what the builders called it, and what the city required. Cant have just a garage door on a stand alone building.

One thing I did put in to save space is a really nice garage door opener. Its drives the shaft. No weird chain or belt system that extends in to the middle of the garage. When the door closes it also has a solenoid that pushes a shaft in to the track of the door so it cant be pulled open. I would just move that to the new door but leave the tracks on the old door in case the next person that owns our home wants to have the door useable.

I dunno though. I was talking to my honey about it again and she is in push back mode. Maybe if I do a few things around here she has been wanting done she will give in =)
Doesn't matter if you use it all are not really. The door is there to look out into the yard are whatever not really has to be to fit 2 vehicles into. You can buy a screen wall for most common size doors and have it in when your working and it's nice outside. Think of it as a window to see all the nature around you and anything else that is happening.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote