View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 10:15 AM   #10
RyanAK

Re: Yet to be named... ‘78 K10 Suburban

15x8 rally wheels are certainly an option. They can add up with rims, caps, trim rings. 15x8 or 16" waggons ("styled steel") are an option too. I do wish there was a 15x8 or 16" steel option to run dog dish caps for the 6-lug trucks. I'd like to run 31" or 32" BFG T/As or an E rated 16" tire.

U-joints this weekend. Hopefully I've ordered the right parts. Not sure I'll mess with the CV joint this go-round. But the deep hum-rumble-vibration that shows up between 45-50mph is pretty disconcerting. Hope this solves that. Then I'll feel pretty damn fine about the mechanical condition of this truck.

Cruise control is on the bubble for the near term. I commute 275 miles round trip once a week and cruise would be nice on the highway. It's all there and seems like it will work. But when the GM crate 350 went in, they skipped the cruise transducer with the speedo cable. Went right from t-case to speedometer. So need to figure out part numbers for the two cables. Should be straight forward.

Anywhere I can turn to educate myself on the NP203? I really don't have any experience with this full-time 4WD and lots of people have mentioned swapping or converting the t-case. Need to educate myself.

Fun stuff, eh? Thanks for the comments.

R

Meet 'Earl', '71 C10 Suburban - Sold, but not forgotten...

Meet... yet to be named, ‘78 K10 Suburban Daily Driver
RyanAK is offline   Reply With Quote