View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 10:22 PM   #457
dsraven

Re: norms 55 chevy pu build

be careful with the suction style fan set up because the paint fumes are flammable, plus the paint dries on the fan blades. as a firefighter we blew air into the building, called ventilation, to get rid of the toxic fumes and combustible gasses found in smoke. we would put the fan back from the door opening and then check around the door to ensure there was a full coverage of air blowing in. I understand, this is a paint booth so different but just a heads up.
in my last garage shop, years ago, i would build a 2x4 frame to fit the width of the gareage big door and staple the hanging style furnace filters to that for full coverage, then set it in the garage door openng and let the door down on it. spray that with water mist and then staple some more of those filters over the shop windows at the other end of the garage from the big doors. a fan set up outside blowing air in the windows seems to give an ample ventilation profile to clear the fumes.
do you have a tear away film for your mask face shield? i was having trouble sourcing one for mine last time so I used saran wrap. it actually worked pretty well if you are carfeul installing it so no wrinkles, haha
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote