Old 12-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #99
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66ChevyMax View Post
Been there done that, just went through the same thing for wheel studs. grrrrr
I feel for you...

Quote:
The guys that work there around here know what I need and if they dont have it they order it and have it by 1:00 oclock the next day. The parts they sell are most the time just like the origional parts and fit right the first time.
By the time I get a parts store familer with me enough to get like that, the Army moves me half way around the world

Today was not much photogenic progress.
The wife finished up the bottom half of the firewall for me and got that painted. She also started cleaning up the front clip area of the frame, but we gotta pull that front cross member to get much more progress in that area. I think I will make one of those 2x6 with inflated caster wheels like someone else did on this board, and go ahead and pull that front x-member next weekend so we can get that all cleaned up.
I got the boo-boos in the back of my cab welded up today. Far from pretty but after some filler and paint, only we few will know !!

I also modified the original sending unit cap of the Blazer fuel cell to accept the original sending unit from the truck. A little bend and flex of the float and fuel inlet and that will be done so I can use the original fuel guage.

My welding is starting to improve. Shining a bright light on the area I want to weld helps alot since I can see what it is I am trying to do that way. Not sure if I want to try a auto darkening lens on my hood tho.... Any thoughts on that?

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote