View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM   #318
zammer
Addicted user

Re: Blazer retractable convertible top

Hey guys
Hi CG, no you did not miss the ending of this build, I have not updated it in a while mainly because i had a change of interest with the top of which i sat on for over a year before making a tough decision of which direction i was going to go.My interest seemed to change when i chipped the paint bringing it home from the bodyshop 5 years ago. i knew i had to get it painted again and at that point i started thinking that i was not going to like the way the top was going to look when it was down with the cover etc and missed the look of the bed rails and cleaner look that it could be. I started to ponder that this was going to be hundreds of hours of work to get it to the completed stage yet and i was starting to loose interest after 8/9 years of working on it. after letting it soak , i decided to forgo the completion of the top, and removed the components inside and finished the blazer off with full boxed in bed rails in the back and nice clean interior panels which i am very happy with how it turned out.I just got it painted again this past fall and have been working hard on it all winter to finish the interior off and the rest of the must dos to get it to the mainly completed stage and get it appraised properly.

After many dollars and hundreds of hours working on the top it is very hard for me to report back that i dont have a finished product to show after the work put into it. I so far feel like i made the right decision in the path i took in the end, next winter i plan on using as many of the components as i can to do a soft 1/2 cab top that will just go on and off manually so i hope to have a cool product there in the end to show.

I hope to post some new pictures of the blazer soon when we can find a nice spot to take some when the weather warms up here.

Thank you to all the members that helped and encouraged me over the many years of posts to help me proceed with the top idea and keep me motivated.
1970 Jimmy 4wd - future project
zammer is offline   Reply With Quote