View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 07:56 AM   #10
Chaparralman1974

Re: K20 Frame/C10 Body Restoration/Registered as a C10 Truck

I think ultimately it depends on the quality of the work that was done on it. There is always a buyer for a nice clean well built truck. Most people (probably 90%) only buy a truck like this because they want other people to admire it while it is going down the road. For that group of people, it doesn't matter what the VIN tag says. As it sits right now, it is a nice looking K20 from what the picture shows. As long as it isn't hacked up, painted over bondo and rust, I say who cares? Someone, somewhere will buy it.

Now all that said, personally, I am a purest with OCD. The main reason I wanted my K20 is because it is an original numbers matching (except the engine) truck. I think that a properly restored K20 compared to a similiarly restored "fake" K20 will be worth more and will fetch a better price from the right buyer.

Again, for 90% of the owners out there they just won't care. And for the admirers at the gas station that come up to ask you about that truck and tell you how cool it is, they will never know, nor will they care.

Clay
Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote