View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
marvgarr68

Cool 68 c10 6.5 turbo diesel

I am starting my build and I'm going to post it all right here. It's a 68 c10 long box originally had a 250 6 in it and 3 spd column shift. Dad bought this truck when I was 3 there is sentimental value. I am putting a 6.5 turbo diesel its a 1995 it will be modified. It's going to get arp head studs all new bearings,rings,etc it will have a holset hx 35 turbo also. I already got a mech 1993 6.5 pump for it and I'm going to tweak it boost will be a mild 27 psi. The trans and this is were a lot of people will fuss its a t5 that I modified and built. This is a combo that I have not seen anyone do if it blows o well this is more of a test anyways. The truck has all poly bushings and cab mounts and will have poly engine mounts. Anyone that I have seen do a 6.5/6.2 swap uses big block mount stands which raises the engine up. For anyone going to do this swap you can use your original engine stands unless they are 6 cyl ones. All that has to be modified is the L mount stand you just cut out the rib and weld a piece of 1"/1 1/2" angle in. Also you have to use a 6.2 non turbo exhaust manifold on the L side to use the mech clutch linkage. The engine sits in there like it belongs not to high like the bb stands oil pan clears just fine too. The truck has a 3.73 gear and with the overdrive it will cruise real nice. I'm lowering it 3 in the front and 6 in the rear if your wondering why only 3 in the front it is because of the additional weight. This is a cruise truck not a race truck that's why a t5 cheap and reliable if not abused plus has overdrive. Pictures are coming
Posted via Mobile Device
marvgarr68 is offline   Reply With Quote