View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 09:18 PM   #54
56hotrodred

Re: 56 task force on 80 1/2 ton frame pictures

Hey thanks Rick. Its been a long haul and now I am putting together a spreadsheet on all my expenses!!!

I did not go the cheap way as I had with all my other builds over the years.

This one is for me to keep and I am only going to do it this way once so it is what it is! Its still going to hurt though... next build back to donor vehicle(s) and used parts. I'm on a small ranch in the country so I have room to park stuff.

With that said this truck should be a really nice driver and I plan on driving it.

Always wanted to cruise the West Coast Highway and this one might be the vehicle to do it in. It would be fun to hit as many car shows and Friday night parking lot get-togethers as we can on the way.

I used the C10 chassis because it was close, cheap and already stripped. My original frame was bent a bit. I think I payed $500.00 for it. I have seen them go a lot cheaper with the body on.

It looks like Ridetech, at least I think its them, came out with several suspension options for the square bodies. Looks like really nice stuff. Anything you want to make it ride and drive like a fancy car. Air bags, adjustable coil overs, 4-link whatever you want!!!

There is also a place on line that sells a kit to mount the Task Force bodies an a square body frame. Cant remember who it is right now but it was about $700 or $800. If you can fabricate then you don't need it but it looks like a pretty good option for some.

However if you have a good original frame there is probably just as much, if not more, aftermarket parts available. I don't regret what I did but am not sure if I would do it again.

My cab is now at the body shop to get dash and firewall painted and rest in primer then I get it back. Hope to put all body on frame, get it running and back to body shop before I go down to Arizona around Christmas. Then it should be done in body shop when I get back up here in March/April.

Anyway thanks again for the nice words. Just holler if you have any questions.

Barry
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote