View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 09:03 PM   #69
Purcell69

Re: 56 task force on 80 1/2 ton frame pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56hotrodred View Post
I just got the call that I can go in to the body shop and pick up my cab.

Boy am I excited now!!!

The original plan was to only paint the dash and firewall and give it back to me to put on the frame and hook everything up and then get it all back to them running before I go south for the winter in January.

I was surprised when the body shop owner texted me pictures with what looks like the whole cab painted. In actuality the dash and firewall have two coats and everything else has only one coat. He said it would seal up the high build primer that is overtop the epoxy primer.

I was surprised when I noticed one of my firewall holes to mount the Vintage Air evaporator was filled in! They left the top one but filled in the bottom one! I will have to re-drill it but am pretty sure I will be putting a few other holes in the firewall as well. At least it will be going back to them for final paint and I will just bet you to fix up a couple of my "screw-ups."

Made sense to me but I am going to have be more careful. Going to buy many rolls of masking tape before I start crawling all over it.

So the colour is close to the original blue/green and is actually very close to seafoam green in the sample colour book they showed me. They shot me some colour on a can a few days ago and I really like it.

Now the fun begins as I have been collecting all the parts - I know I will need more - for the last few years!

I am pretty sure I will have some questions especially regarding the linkages for the engine and transmission!
I really love that color! Mine was originally that color or close to it many, many years ago, then some previous owner painted it white. Once everything else is done, I'm going back to the original color, with a white roof.

Yours is really looking nice!

-Joe