View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 03:59 PM   #22
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Re: Rock Auto WARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka_jd7and1 View Post
I don't know that this will directly help, but worth a shot. AC Delco is serious about not having counterfeit parts with their name on them. If it is an issue with Rock Auto switching boxes, maybe they will do something about it. From their site:

GLOBAL BRAND PROTECTION TEAM

If you suspect that the automotive parts you have purchased are counterfeit, please send an email to: gm_global_brand_protection@gm.com

Be sure to include as much information as possible as well as pictures of the part and with the packaging you have purchased.

ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL REMAIN STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.

Please save the part, the packaging, the invoice and the receipt until we contact you (if you choose to be contacted).

YOU SHOULD RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITHIN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS.
I haven't heard back from them yet, if I don't I'll try this link. At this point for all I know it's all above-board and normal. My feelings on the matter are the brand carries a premium in price, so there's no point ponying up the extra dough if you're only getting the name on the box and not the part. I can buy house-brand parts and keep more of my money. I'm not in a twist over this, I just want to hear back from them. It is something to be aware of though and I might have to give up buying their parts through the mail.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote