Thread: 1939 Chrysler
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 04:28 PM   #52
mr.mud1

Re: 1939 Chrysler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I'm glad I came over to alternate tinkerings to take a look at this. It will be quite something to drive when you're done. I wish we could see the expression on the face of somebody who built one of these originally in the factory. If they saw the meticulous work you are doing and realized that you valued this vehicle enough to bend and install all of your own parts, I think they would be shocked. Not to mention what they would think if they got a ride with that modern engine and transmission. I'm really enjoying your methodical metal work. Is the flat disc what gives it that final finish?
thanks,i feel guilty,the poor old Chrysler is getting no love at all,the truck is hogging it all?oh well,almost done the truck and then get back to this old girl.the floor that i wanted done,isn't but that's where i'll be going when i get back to it.i use those flapper wheels.they seem to be "soft" but will still take material off so you have to go easy but a not so aggressive grit and take your time,it'll make a nice finish.i do think often about what the old timers who built this would think if they saw it today?as a friend of mine used to say"they wouldn't know how to act" i think about my old Grandfather,born in 1900,died in 1969.there was no electricity where and when he was born,horses and wagons and before he died,there was a man on the moon?just imagine?anyway take care,i promised my father-in-law a drive in this car so i'd better get back to it soon.all the best.Greg.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote